8 ounces hummus, store bought or homemade
1 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 tsp chopped fresh dill
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Pinch kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp red onion, minced
1 cup English cucumber (about ½ large), ½-inch dice
1 cup Roma tomato, seeded, ½-inch dice
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
1. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, dill, lemon juice, salt and freshly ground pepper. Set aside.
2. In an 8”x8” or 7″ x 11″glass dish, layer the hummus, yogurt mixture, red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, feta and olives. Serve with whole grain pita chips, celery, or cut fresh veggies
Servings: 9 • Serving Size: 1/4 cup • Calories: 93 • Fat: 5 • Carbs: 7 g • Fiber: 1.5 • Protein: 5 g • Sugar: 2 g • Sodium: 202 mg • Cholesterol: 6 mg
2 lbs zucchini (about 2-3 large zucchini)
9 oz package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and squeezed of excess water
zest of 1 lemon
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves garlic
1 cup roughly chopped leaves of parsley (about 1/2 a bunch)
1/4 cup walnuts
pinch of salt and pepper
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 oz parm cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
1. Cut the stem off the zucchinis, then use a mandolin or potato peeler to slice them into long thin ribbons. They should be about 1/8 inch thick, if they’re too thin they won’t stand up on the own, but if they’re too thick, they won’t be flexible enough to roll. Give each one a little sprinkle on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the grill to high, and do a quick sear of the zucchini. Since they are really thin, they should only be on the grill for about 30-60 seconds, just enough give them some little grill marks. Remove the grilled zucchini ribbons to a plate.
3. In a food processor, throw in the artichoke hearts, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, walnuts, and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Let the food processor run for a until everything is chopped up, and be sure to stop and scrape down the sides from time to time. With the food processor running, stream in the olive oil. Scrape the pesto out into a bowl, and stir in the grated parmesan.
4. Place a spoonful of artichoke pesto into each zucchini ribbon, and roll it up into a little roll. Serve and enjoy!