1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup plain low fat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup PB2
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp. Baking stevia or 1/4 cup sweetener that measures like sugar
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup protein powder
1. In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. Divide between 2 small bowls, mugs, or mason jars. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for at least an hour (or more) so the oats soften and absorb the liquid).
2. Top with a few chocolate chips if desired!
3. Enjoy cold, or microwave for 30-60 seconds to en-joy warm!
Makes 2 servings
Nutrition: 300 calories; 7g fat; 40g carbohydrates; 7g Fiber; 5g sugar 30g protein
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
3 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 tsp. dried basil
1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup reduced sugar ketchup
1/4 cup raw honey
Pinch red pepper flakes
1. Whisk together the garlic, basil, soy sauce, ketchup, and honey.
2. Add the chicken to the crockpot.
3. Pour the sauce over and mix everything together.
4. Cook on low for 4 hours. If at any point the chicken seems to be drying out, add a little chicken broth.
5. For crispy outside, spread onto a baking sheet and broil for 3-5 minutes.
Servings: 8 servings Serving Size: about 2/3 cup Nutritional Info: 177 calories, 3g of fat, 16.6g of carbohydrates, .2g of fiber, 24.6g of protein
2 lbs zucchini (about 2-3 large zucchini)
9 oz package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and squeezed of excess water
zest of 1 lemon
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves garlic
1 cup roughly chopped leaves of parsley (about 1/2 a bunch)
1/4 cup walnuts
pinch of salt and pepper
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 oz parm cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
1. Cut the stem off the zucchinis, then use a mandolin or potato peeler to slice them into long thin ribbons. They should be about 1/8 inch thick, if they’re too thin they won’t stand up on the own, but if they’re too thick, they won’t be flexible enough to roll. Give each one a little sprinkle on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the grill to high, and do a quick sear of the zucchini. Since they are really thin, they should only be on the grill for about 30-60 seconds, just enough give them some little grill marks. Remove the grilled zucchini ribbons to a plate.
3. In a food processor, throw in the artichoke hearts, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, walnuts, and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Let the food processor run for a until everything is chopped up, and be sure to stop and scrape down the sides from time to time. With the food processor running, stream in the olive oil. Scrape the pesto out into a bowl, and stir in the grated parmesan.
4. Place a spoonful of artichoke pesto into each zucchini ribbon, and roll it up into a little roll. Serve and enjoy!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 4, 2015
Ellipse Fitness Darboy Announces New Ownership
Appleton, WI. – Ellipse Fitness, a fitness and nutrition franchise based in Appleton, WI, announced today that Jamie Harris has purchased the Darboy location effective immediately.
“I started my journey with Ellipse Fitness after purchasing a horse I was unable to ride due to my weight. The coaching team provided guidance and alternatives to ensure the exercises fit my capabilities. The support and knowledge they have given me was lifesaving. I have lost 130+ pounds following the workouts and nutrition program. I am incredibly excited to purchase a business where I personally achieved my weight loss and fitness goals and help others do the same.” said Harris.
Harris received her AFAA Personal Trainer Certification in 2014 and joined Ellipse as a Fitness Coach. Jamie is extremely open to discussing her journey with others and providing insight on how she was able to achieve her personal goals.
Ellipse Fitness Darboy will stay at W5361 County Road KK in Appleton. The phone number remains 920-882-3726.
About Ellipse Fitness®:
Founded in 2002, Ellipse Fitness is a fitness and nutrition franchise specializing in group exercise classes, one on one training and nutrition programs for our members. Our proprietary workouts emphasize functional movement, cardiovascular training, building core strength and adding lean muscle mass. For information on programs and locations please visit ellipsefitness.com. For information about owning an Ellipse Fitness franchise please visit ellipsefitnessfranchise.com.
866 934 7167
Ellipse Fitness, Ellipse Fitness Franchise, Jamie Harris
6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
1 15 oz. container part-skim ricotta cheese
1/4 cup fat free half and half
1/2 tsp vanilla
Raspberries or small strawberries (optional)
1. Place chopped chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on 70% power (med-high) for 1 minute; stir. Microwave on 70% power for 1-2 minutes more, or until chocolate is melted, stirring every 15 seconds.
2. In a food processor bowl combine cheese, half and half and vanilla. Cover and process until combined. Add melted chocolate while food processor is run-ning. Process until well combined.
3. Spoon into small bowls, cover and chill for up to 24 hours. If desired, garnish with fresh berries.
Makes 10 servings—1/4 cup per serving
Nutrition: 153 Calories ; 9g Total fat (2g Saturated fat, 2g Monosaturated fat);
Toss sliced approved veggies with balsamic vinegar. Grill in a grill basket or on heavy duty tin foil for about 20 minutes. Season fillets with Mrs. Dash Grilling Blend and grill to your liking. Serve beef with grilled vegetables over a handful of spinach tossed with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Mix lime juice, olive oil and a little coconut milk together. Toss sliced peppers, onions and asparagus with some of lime juice/coconut milk mix. Layer the veggies on a piece of heavy duty foil. Place cod on top of veggies and season with Mrs. Dash. Close packet and grill (about 20 minutes) or bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
•1¼ lb 96% lean ground beef (or any ground meat you prefer)
•1 tbsp olive oil
•1 cup onion, roughly chopped
•4 cloves garlic, diced
•1-inch piece of ginger, diced
•¾ cup water chestnuts, roughly chopped
•5 tbsp hoisin sauce
•1 tbsp soy sauce
•Large Lettuce Leaves
•roughly chopped peanuts
•toasted sesame seeds
•chopped green onion
1.Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan. Add in the ground beef and break it apart with a cooking spoon into smaller pieces. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook till no longer pink. Set aside on a separate plate.
2.In the same pan, cook the onion, garlic, and ginger for 3-4 minutes. Add the meat and water chestnuts into the pan.
3.Stir in the hoisin sauce and soy sauce and cook everything together for a few minutes.
4.To serve, place the meat mixture in the lettuce cups and top with shredded carrots, peanuts, sesame seeds, green onion, and extra hoisin sauce.
*Makes 10 lettuce wraps
1/2 cup Fat free cottage cheese
1 scoop Ellipse Protein powder (chocolate or vanilla)
1-3 pkts Stevia (or 1/4-1 tbs sweetener of choice)
5-10 Ice cubes (Depending on how thick you like it, use less for a thinner consistency)
1/2-1 cup Water (Alter this according to desired consistency)
1 tbs Unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbs Peanut Flour (aka PB2) OR 1 tbs Natural Peanut Butter
Blend and ENJOY!
•4 chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized pieces
•1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (pulp should be strained out)
•2 tsp orange zest or zest from 1 orange
•¼ cup or lite soy sauce
•2 cloves garlic, minced
•1 tablespoon corn starch
•½ tsp red chili flakes (optional)
Put the chopped chicken breasts at the bottom of your slow cooker. Slowly pour the orange juice over the chicken and then add the orange zest, lite soy sauce and garlic. Give this mixture an extra stir.
Cook on low for 6 hours (high for 3 hours). With 15 minutes remaining remove the chicken and whisk in the 1 tablespoon of corn starch to thicken the sauce.
Add chicken back to the slow cooker, stir and coat chicken with sauce, and allow it to cook for another 15 minutes.
Serve over spinach and/or a little quinoa and top with red chili flakes for a little extra spice!
Makes 4 servings.