Add a little dazzle to your egg whites by adding loads of your favorite veggies! Another great veggie to add to this recipe is asparagus. If you prefer, you may also substitute Egg Beaters instead of the egg whites as well. Enjoy!
Egg White Scramble
- 4 Egg Whites
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Onion
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Green Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup Reduced-fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
Directions: Spray a cooking skillet with non-stick cooking spray and sauté vegetables for 2-3 minutes over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Add egg whites to vegetables and scramble until cooked through. Sprinkle with cheese (if desired) and place cover on skillet to melt cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
Total Calories: 149 Carb=7.7g Prot=20g Fat=4.2g
Ellipse Tip: Want to bump up your protein? Add a couple more egg whites! On average, an egg white has only 20 calories, 5 grams of protein, and NO fat! The yolk of the egg has approximately 5 grams of fat per yolk, so choose wisely!
This is an excellent recipe for those mornings “on the go”! Simply whip up this sandwich, fold it into a napkin, and eat it in the car on the ride to your destination. Not only will you enjoy a healthy breakfast, your kids will likely enjoy them as well!
Breakfast Bagel Sandwich
1 Thomas Bagel Thin
3/4 Cup Egg Beaters
2-3 Slices Thin Ham Lunch Meat
1 Slice Kraft Fat-free Cheese Single
Directions: Spray a small pan with cooking spray. Pour Egg Beaters into pan and cook over medium heat. Keep eggs flat and flip over when cooked on one side. When eggs are thouroughly cooked, top with sliced ham and piece of cheese, and cover pan to help melt the cheese. Meanwhile toast your bagel thin and top with egg mixture when bagel is toated.
Total Calories: 255 Carb=28g Prot=30g Fat=3.9g
Ellipse Tip: If you prefer egg whites, you can substitute 5 egg whites for the Egg Beaters. You may want to top this recipe with a touch of salt and pepper as well!
Hi Everyone ~
Here are a few favorite pairings of Ellipse!
1. Mix 1 Cup Milk with 1 Scoop WHEY Protein Powder. Add Special K Added Protein Cereal! Complete package breakfast with Protein, Milk, and Carbs! Add fresh fruit if you’d like!
2. Fat Free or 1% Cottage Cheese whipped in a blender to a smooth consistancy. Add Fat free, Sugar free Pudding mix and it tastes like cheesecake! My favorite pudding mix flavor is cheesecake, but you can also use chocolate or vanilla!
3. Mmmmm…Egg Beaters with 2 tablespoons of Mrs. Renfro’s Salsa! You just can’t go wrong! Slide this on a whole wheat tortilla and make a Mexican Omelet Wrap!
4. A small carton of Fat-free Plain Greek Yogurt mixed with taco seasoning mix. I use this as a dip and use the Quaker White Cheddar Rice Cakes for dipping!
5. Eggo Nutri-Grain Low Fat Waffles topped with Sugar Free Strawberry preserves are a breakfast favorite! Or…enjoy this anytime with a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese!
6. Need to whip up dinner in a hurry? Grab some pre-cooked shrimp and toss with fresh peppers and a 1/2 cup of Uncle Ben’s Wild/Brown Rice!
Tiffany’s Tip: Don’t get bored with your meal plan! Keep it interesting and try new things. You never know what might be your next “favorite”!