THIS Saturday, March 30th 2019 is our 12th annual Victory Over Violence 4-hour fitness marathon benefiting our local domestic abuse shelter!
100% of proceeds will go toward our local domestic abuse shelter. In 2018 Golden House (Allouez studio donations will go towards The Golden House of Green Bay) helped 1,192 women, men and children find safety and support AND they even provided shelter to 365 people – 200 of which were children!
You can help! Even if you can’t participate in the actual, cash and goods donations for VOV 2019 are so welcome and appreciated!!
Why Your Help Is So Important:
• Did You Know? 29% of women and 10% of men in the US have experienced rape, physical violence and/or stalking by an intimate partner.
• 1 in 4 youth nationally report verbal, physical, emotional or sexual abuse each year.
• 1 in 3 teens have experienced dating abuse.
• Most local shelters funding looks like this: 1/3 from grants, 1/3 from government funding, and 1/3 from fundraising through people like you and events like Victory Over Violence. They need our help!
• In 2018 – 4,789 helpline calls were answered, and an average of $346.90 was spent per family to secure safe, stable housing. The average stay at these types of shelters is 30 days.
Shelters like the ones we support with our Victory Over Violence fundraiser work wonders for the community and specifically for people and families suffering domestic abuse.
However, outreach AFTER finding shelter at one of these facilities is one major component they have identified as a service that is needed far more. This requires more funding as they are stretched to their limit currently, so let’s get together and give them a helping hand!
Learn more about your local shelters and if you are in St. Louis or the Green Bay area you can follow these links below!