2 pounds boiled or steamed shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 avocados, cut into large pieces
2 tablespoons diced red onion
For the Dressing
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup red wine vinegar
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Add shrimp, avocado, and onion to a large bowl.
2. In a 2-cup measuring cup, mix together ingredients for the dressing. Whisk until well-combined.
3. Add dressing to shrimp avocado salad until it has the amount you desire. Serve additional dressing on the side.
8 ounces hummus, store bought or homemade
1 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 tsp chopped fresh dill
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Pinch kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp red onion, minced
1 cup English cucumber (about ½ large), ½-inch dice
1 cup Roma tomato, seeded, ½-inch dice
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
1. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, dill, lemon juice, salt and freshly ground pepper. Set aside.
2. In an 8”x8” or 7″ x 11″glass dish, layer the hummus, yogurt mixture, red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, feta and olives. Serve with whole grain pita chips, celery, or cut fresh veggies
Servings: 9 • Serving Size: 1/4 cup • Calories: 93 • Fat: 5 • Carbs: 7 g • Fiber: 1.5 • Protein: 5 g • Sugar: 2 g • Sodium: 202 mg • Cholesterol: 6 mg
2 zucchini, trimmed
1/4 lb. All natural, thin, deli-sliced ham (no nitrates!)
1/4 cantaloupe, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
1tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. dried mint
1/8 tsp. each sea salt and fresh ground pepper
1. Run a vegetable peeler lengthwise along the edge of each zucchini to make long ribbons. Stack ham slices and cut into approximately 1 x 5 inch strips.
2. In a medium bowl, combine zucchini, ham and cantaloupe. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, mint, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over zucchini mixture and toss gently to combine.
NUTRIENTS SERVING (1 cup)
64 calories, 3g fat, 232mg sodium, 5g carbs, 1g fiber, 3.5g sugars, 5g protein, 11mg cholesterol