1 ounce reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp. grated lemon zest
1 large ripe tomato, ends trimmed and cut crosswise into 4 slices
Freshly ground pepper
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil.
Combine feta, garlic, oregano, oil and zest in a small bowl.
Place 2 tomato slices on the baking sheet. Top each slice with one-fourth of the feta mixture. Place a second tomato slice on top of each and cover with remaining feta mixture. Sprinkle with a little pepper.
Bake until heated through and feta is lightly golden, 18—20 minutes. Serve hot
Makes 2 servings
Per serving: 70 calories; 4g fat (1.5g sat); 4g protein; 5g carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 190mg sodium.
4 cups, shredded green cabbage, packed
4 cups shredded purple cabbage, packed
4 cups stemmed and shredded kale, packed
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp minced jalapeno
1 small clove garlic, grated
1 lemon, zested and juiced
2 Tbsp canola oil
2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 scallions, sliced (1/3 cup)
1/4 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts roughly chopped (optional)
1. Combine cabbages, kale and carrots in a large bowl.
2. Mix dressing ingredients together in a small bowl
3. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss to combine. Season to taste.
4. Serve topped with scallions and peanuts, if using.
Makes 10 servings. Each serving: 110 calories, 6g. fat (1g saturated), 5g protein, 12g carbs, 4g sugar, 3g fiber, 288mg sodium, 1mg cholesterol
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 Tbsp sugar
2 (8 oz) pckgs. 1/3 less fat cream cheese
2/3 cup sugar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
5 drops red food coloring
2 (5.3 oz) containers strawberry Greek yogurt
1 cup fat free whipped cream or whipped topping
For the Crust
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place foil liners in standard size muffin/cupcake pans.
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Press 1 Tbsp of mixture into each liner.
For the Filling
1. Beat cream cheese with cornstarch, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Add strawberry jam, vanilla and food coloring. Mix until combined. Add eggs one at a time mixing well. Mix in Greek yogurt.
2. Pour cheesecake mixture over crusts. Fill each liner nearly to the top. Bake for 20 minutes until the edges are set but the center remains wobbly.
3. Cool in pans for one hour. Then place in refrigerator. Chill at least four hours before serving. Top with light whipped cream and strawberries.
Nutritional Information: 213 calories; 24 g carbs; 10g fat; 4.9g protein; 19g sugar