Strengthen the core and engage the obliques while working the lower body in the Warrior Crunch.
Begin by standing with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width, and toes turned outward. Place the finger tips behind the ears, keeping the back upright and the arms and chest open. Then lower down into a squat until the thighs are parallel to the ground. Once in this position, crunch side to side, bringing the elbows to the tops of the thighs, engaging the obliques.
Spicy Chicken Wraps
- 1/4 cup fat free greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 4 multigrain wraps
- 2 cups chopped roasted chicken breast
- 1 cup thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 cup sliced green onions (about 7)
1. Combine yogurt and chili garlic sauce in a small bowl.
2. Spread mixture evenly over half of each wrap.
3. Top yogurt mixture evenly with chicken and remaining ingredients.
4. Roll up and secure ends with wooden picks, if desired. Yield 4 servings (1 wrap)
Nutritional Information: Each serving: 289 calories, 10.1g. fat (1.5g saturated), 32g protein, 24g carbs, 10g fiber, 887mg sodium, 65mg cholesterol, 3mg Iron, 63mg Calcium
This recipe is extremely popular with our members and we thought you’d enjoy it too!
Honey-Peanut Butter Protein Energy Bites
2 c old fashioned oats
2 scoop whey protein powder
1/2 c honey
2TBS peanut butter
In medium bowl, toss together ingredients and stir well. Put bowl in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes. Roll into balls. Place 2-3 balls in sandwich baggies and store in fridge to use as a snack or to satisfy sweet tooth. They will last for 5 days.
130 calories, 3g fat, 10g carbs, 10g protein.
Super charge your workout by combining an upper body preacher curl with a lower body isometric wall sit.
Begin by sitting against a wall with your knees bent at 90 degrees and your torso tilted forward at the hips. Then holding a dumbbell in each, extend the arms so that the elbows are touching the thighs just before the knees.
Now super charge your workout by alternating between a supine curl, a hammer curl and a pronated grip curl to cross train the heads of the bicep while working the low body simultaneously.