• romaine lettuce leaves
• 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
• 1/2 avocado sliced
• 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
• flax, chia, raisins, walnuts, sunflower seeds sprinkled on top
Wash and dry lettuce leaves in paper towel. Wrap fruit in lettuce leaves.
Are you looking for a move that will tone your inner thighs while tightening your booty as well? Look no further than the Kettlebell Figure 8 Wide Stance Squat!
The wide stance position allows you to drop deeper in your squat with less pressure on your knees and lower back, and then engages and contracts the inner thighs and glute as you drive through your heels and return to a standing position.
In addition, by adding the kettlebell in a figure 8 movement between and around the outside of your legs, you will not only increase your aerobic output, but you’ll burn more calories, as well! A win, win for low body toning and calorie burning!
Yolkless Deviled Eggs
12 Hard-boiled Eggs
1 Cup Non-fat Cottage Cheese
1 Tbsp. Green Onion, minced
2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/4 Tsp. Curry Powder
Paprika to Taste
Ground Pepper to taste
Directions: Shell eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Discard yolks. Puree cottage cheese, mustard, onion, garlic, and curry powder in a blender or food processor. Spoon mixture into the egg halves. Sprinkle with paprika & pepper.
The oblique crunch with rotation strengthens and stabilizes the core. In this move, the rectus abdominis and spinal erectors work in unison to enable movement in multiple planes. The stability ball allows for a greater range of movement which adds to the effectiveness of the move. The oblique crunch with rotation is a functional movement as it mimics many sports and everyday twisting and turning movements.
1. Begin with one hip on the stability ball and your feet spread wide at the base of a wall (bottom foot forward, top foot back).
2. Then place your fingertips near your ears with your elbows back and bend sideways over the ball.
3. Contract your oblique as you crunch sideways towards the wall.
4. At the top of the movement, rotate your torso so that it faces the wall.
5. Return to the original starting position and repeat. Be sure to work both sides equally.
Balsamic Vegetable Salad
3 Large Tomatoes cut into wedges
3 Medium Cucumbers, peeled, halved, and sliced
3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
3 Tbsp. Water
1 Envelope Italian Salad Dressing Mix
Directions: In a salad dish, combine tomatoes and cucumbers. In a small dish, whisk the oil, vinegar, water, and dressing mix. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
Total Calories: 101 Carb=9.7g Prot=1.3g Fat=7.2g
Note: This flavorful salad couldn’t be easier to prepare. Feel free to customize it with your favorite veggies!
The Bridge Chest Press is a combination strength move engaging the core and targeting primarily the Pectorals and Gluteal muscles. As with any combination lifting, the Bridge Chest Press burns more calories than a chest press alone due to the additional contraction of the core and lower body muscles.
1. Lay supine (on your back), with feet on the floor and knees pointing to the ceiling.
2. Hold dumbbells in both hands (pronated grip), even with your chest and with elbows bent at 90 degrees.
3. Lift your hips up and contract your glutes to form a straight line from abs to knees.
4. Keeping your hips up, exhale as you bring the dumbbells up and in slightly over your chest, then back down to their starting position. Head, neck, shoulders and feet remain on the floor and provide a solid base to lift medium to heavy dumbbells and build muscle mass.
Bacon Wrapped Scallops
4 Ears Corn, husked
4 Slices Turkey Bacon
16 Large Sea Scallops
2 Medium Tomatoes, chopped
2 Ripe Nectarines, chopped
1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Basil Leaves
2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
Pinch Cayenne or Ground Red Pepper
Directions: Preheat grill on medium-high heat. Grill corn 10 minutes or until browned, turning. Meanwhile, on a microwave-safe plate, place bacon between paper towels. Microwave on High 1 minute.
Press 4 scallops together, flat sides down, in single layer; wrap with 1 slice bacon. Insert skewer through overlapping ends of bacon, pressing through to other side of scallops. Repeat with remaining scallops and bacon. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp. black pepper on scallops. Grill, covered, 5-7 minutes or until just opaque throughout, turning once.
Cut kernels off cobs and place in large bowl. Stir in tomatoes, nectarines, basil, lemon juice cayenne, and 1/8 tsp. salt. Serve with scallops.
Total Calories: 221 Carb=30g Prot=16g Fat=6.