Creamy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
12 Medium-sized (1 – 2″ wide) Brown Mushroom Caps, stems removed
2 Oz. White Crabmeat, drained
2 Tbsp. Celery, minced
2 Tbsp. Red Pepper, minced
1 Wedge of Laughing Cow Light Cheese
1 Tbsp. Fat-free Sour Cream
1 Tbsp. Fat-free Cream Cheese
1 Tbsp. Reduced-fat Parmesan Cheese
Directions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wipe mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel and then dry them. Place with the rounded sides down on a baking dish sprayed lightly with nonstick spray. Combine all other ingredients and stir until well mixed. Evenly distribute crab mixture among the mushroom caps. Place in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes, until hot.
Serves: 6 (2 mushrooms per serving)
Exchanges: 1 Carb, 1 Extra Lean Protein, 1 Fat
The Sandbag Plank with Drag is an awesome strength exercise for both the core and the shoulders.
1. Begin in a plank position with your feet wide apart and your sandbag to one side of your body.
2. Bring the opposite arm under your body, palm up, to reach the outside handle of the bag.
3. Drag the bag under your body (keeping your hips flush to the floor) and release the bag to the opposite side of your body.
4. Repeat with opposite hand.
To make this move more intense, bring your feet closer together or increase the weight of your sandbag. To modify this move drop to your knees.
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or Skim milk
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1/2 scoop Chocolate Powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1 sprinkle ground cloves
1 Tsp. Vanilla
1 6oz. Cup Fat-free Greek yogurt
4 ice cubes
Directions: Using a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth!
Exchanges: 1 Milk, 5 Extra Lean Protein, 1 Carb
The v-sit w/ bicycle legs is a fabulous combination move strengthening both the abs and the quadriceps simultaneously.
Begin sitting up with good posture with your hands at your sides and just behind your hips.
Then lean back leading with the shoulders until your ab contraction becomes challenging.
Now bring your legs up and around as if you were riding a bike. Make sure you’re going in a complete circle and not just back and forth. Now try bicycling backwards. Then alternate your bicycle with one rotation forwards, and one rotation backwards.
The v-sit strengthens the abs, the bicycle legs strengthen the quadriceps, together you have a great combination strengthening and fat burning move.
Banish back fat and tone those shoulders at the same time with the Rear Delt Flye!
1. To begin, stand with your legs about hip-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand by your side.
2. Next bend your knees slightly and your torso forward so that your arms extend below your body with your palms facing each other.
3. Then exhale as you raise your arms out to your sides with slightly bent elbows and squeeze your shoulder blades together.