Hey, It’s Lisa at Ellipse! Do you have zucchini coming out of your ears yet!? I wanted to share a delicious recipe that my friend Brett Riesenhuber developed a few years ago (This is HIS photo, mine wasn’t as pretty!) We’ve loaded it to the Ellipse Blog for everyone!
Stuffed Zucchini Squash – Healthy Weight Loss!
- 2-6 Large Freshly Picked (if possible) Zucchini
- Pot of salted boiling water, large enough to fit all the Zucchini.
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Sliced Fresh Tomatoes
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Garlic Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Chipolte Powder (or any chili powder you like)
- Boil the Zucchini for 4-8 minutes depending on size. The goal is to heat them through to the center, but not overcook and make mushy. Allow to cool.
- Slice in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the centers being careful not to break the skin, place in a bowl, and mash.
- In the bowl add equal quantities of the Panko and the Parmesan and mix.
- Add 1/4 as much of the sun dried tomatoes as the Panko and Parmesan.
- Add the seasonings to taste and mix together.
- Spoon into the Zucchini halves leaving a bit lose (don’t pack it in hard)
- Layer the fresh tomato slices over the tops.
- Dust tops with a bit more Parmesan Cheese.
- Grill on the BBQ, covered until heated through.
Remove from the grill, slice, and serve!
This recipe is great with grilled fish or chicken, and is great as a leftover…Tastes kind of like Pizza!
Enjoy this recipe sometime this week and let us know what you think! We’ve loaded lots of healthy recipes on our Ellipse Blog! It’s all part of our commitment to serve you on the path to transforming your body, and your life. And the recipes are FREE!
Want to add even more delicious simplicity to your diet this week? You may want to consider the Ellipse 8 week jump start program! We’ve had several members and guests “jump” onto this program after their strategy sessions! It’s an 8 week program, complete with meal suggestions and WEEKLY meetings with a coach to check in and confirm that they’re losing FAT and NOT MUSCLE as the embark on a more focused journey!
Enjoy this tasty METABOLIC BOOSTING recipe! We’re looking forward to seeing you in class!