Banana Peanut Butter Refrigerator Oatmeal (TheYummyLife.com)
This easy, no-cook “summer porridge” has make-ahead convenience and is packed with nutrition to get your day off to a healthy start. Make it in individual mason jars for a perfect serving size and an easy grab-and-go breakfast straight from the fridge (it’s eaten cold). Take it along to work or anywhere. Great to serve on a breakfast or brunch buffet. High in protein, calcium & fiber; low in fat & sugar.
(See original post for detailed instructions & photos plus 5 additional flavor varieties; or, to leave a comment or question.)
• 1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
• 1/3 cup skim milk
• 1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
• 1-1/2 teaspoons dried chia seeds
• 1 tablespoon peanut butter (may substitute PB2 powdered peanut butter)
• 1 teaspoon honey, optional (or substitute any preferred sweetener)
• 1/4 cup diced ripe banana, or enough to fill jar (approx. half of a small banana)
(Note: Use unsweetened almond milk instead of milk to save on some sugar and calories. Flax seed can be used instead of chia seeds. PB2 will reduce the calories and fat. Consider adding a 1/2 scoop of protein powder…just add a little more liquid!)
In a half pint (1 cup) jar, add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, peanut butter (or PB2), and honey. Put lid on jar and shake until well combined. Remove lid, add bananas and stir until mixed throughout. Return lid to jar and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days. Eat chilled.
Nutritional Info: 259 calories, 5g fat, 55g carbs, 8g fiber, 15g protein