Today as I was sitting at my office, I realized that it is a year now since I have joined Ellipse! When I reflect back to a year ago, there are so many things that I have learned. I remember walking in the doors of Ellipse thinking that I was going to take a Zumba class and that would be the end of my Ellipse experience. Boy was I wrong!!! After attending one regular E-fit class, I rushed to the counter (about knocking Lisa over) and signed myself up. I really believe that this is where my TRUE story begins. It wasn’t until I was introduced to the E-Fit workout and Ellipse Nutrition Program that I really began to understand how to eat healthy and enjoy my workouts. The days of me running like a hamster on a wheel and guessing what is healthy to eat were OVER!!!
Never in a million years would I have guessed that I would go from sitting on the couch watching hours of TV and eating bags of chips to working out and instructing exercises classes within a year’s time. You see….anything is possible. However, when you want to achieve a goal and make a change, you have to shift your paradigm to ensure that you are ready to succeed. Are YOU ready to succeed? Are YOU ready to put YOUR plan to action? Are YOU ready to commit? Only you know the answer to those questions.
Now….let’s get down to it. Yup….weight loss is hard, but as you all know….maintenance is equally as difficult. There are days when I could literally go into my pantry, shut the door, and not come out until everything is gone! I am human and have cravings too! However, this year of “learning” has taught me countless lessons about how to control these cravings and/or get back on the wagon when I fall off. Here are some tips that have kept me on track:
1. I always work out at the same time every day. It keeps me consistent and in a routine!
2. Eat breakfast every day without fail. A healthy breakfast sets the tone for the rest of my day.
3. Plan…Plan…Plan! Planning your daily eating journal each day is essential to make sure that you follow the plan for the day!
4. I have a hard time opening a bag of chips or crackers and not eating the whole box. That makes me a 100 calorie pack/snack pack type of girl! If you know this is a hurdle….don’t buy numerous bags of something!
5. Soda just makes me crave more food, so I limit myself to 1 a week!
6. Oh….yeah….coffee! COFFEE!!! I now love coffee! Mmmmmm!!! When in doubt…drink coffee!
7. Plan ahead for a “fun (aka: cheat)” meal so that I thoroughly enjoy it and look at it as a treat and not a normality in my diet!
8. If I have a bad day, I do not go down the slippery slope of saying “I blew it…what’s the big deal at this point”! We have all been there, right? Nope….back in the saddle and making better choices the next day!
9. Invest time into yourself! It is amazing how refreshed you feel when you spend a little time on your health and wellness. Others enjoy being around you when you are in a better frame of mind as well!
10. Finally – calories in….calories out…..it’s the name of the game! If you over-eat…..you must exercise more. It’s just science. Probably why I was overweight…I didn’t really like science….LOL!
There is no better time than the present to make a commitment to yourself to take charge of your life and make the most of the years to come. You’ll be amazed at how many lives you’ll change when YOU start making good choices!!
Tiffany’s Tip: PLAN, PLAN, PLAN! Do not wait until 6:00 PM when you arrive home from work to decide what is for dinner! Have a plan of what is for dinner before you leave the house in the morning. This will eliminate you going out to eat because of a lack of a plan or eating a “boxed” meal out of the cupboard that is loaded with fat, preservatives, and sodium!