Why wouldn’t you? What do you have to lose? What do you have to gain? What secret desires do you hold deep down inside that you keep there? Why do you keep them there…deep, down inside?
Goal setting is so very difficult. We all want to set an attainable goal, right? That’s what all the experts suggest in their talk shows, blogs, and magazine articles. What exactly does that mean? Set the bar low so you don’t feel like a failure? Hold back? NO!
1. To gain as an objective; achieve: attain a diploma by hard work.
2. To arrive at, as by virtue of persistence or the passage of time. To succeed in a directed effort, process, or progression: attained to high office
See Synonym: REACH
1. To stretch out or put forth (hmmm…march forth*)
2. To arrive at; attain: reached a conclusion; reached their destination.
3. To extend as far as possible
4. To try to grasp or touch something
5. To make an excessive effort
6. The extent or distance something can reach
7. To be extensive in influence or effect
Now, what is your goal again? That’s right. Set the bar high. What is the distance YOU can reach? Reach AS FAR AS POSSIBLE and share it by being EXTENSIVE IN INFLUENCE OR EFFECT. Someone else out there needs you or maybe you need them. Do it together.
Be cautious of goals that are true failures: I’ll never drink soda again. I’ll go to the gym every day. Never, always, and every day are very unrealistic.
Embrace those goals that are a true reflection of YOUR reach. “I will run one mile without stopping.” “I will wear shorts this summer.” “I will complete AMP’D.” Know that “You can or you can’t. Either way, you are right.” In my world, I can or I can’t, but I WILL eventually.
Share your goal with me on facebook at Ellipse Fitness Oakville. It’s a good idea in your head, but in print, it is reality. Right Shana? You’ll see my goal there!
*Get ready. Get set. It’s almost time to March Fourth!