2 hardboiled eggs (pop out the yolks)
4 oz. diced chicken breast
1 TBS dry Ranch dressing
1 TBS fat-free Greek yogurt
ground black pepper to taste
Mix ingredients together. Put a dollop of mixture in the egg white halve. Makes about 4 halves.
Whole wheat linguini (eat amount according to your plan)
12 large scallops
5 cloves garlic minced
1/2 c onion chopped
1 c white wine
1/2 c chopped tomatoes
1.4 c chopped fresh parsley
Cook whole wheat linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, sear scallops in medium- hot sprayed pan until slightly brown on each side. Remove from pan. Decrease heat to medium. Add freshly ground pepper. garlic, onion, and salt and saute for several minutes. Return scallops to pan, adding wine and tomatoes. Simmer until scallops are cooked thoroughly. Add parsley and serve over whole wheat linguine.
6 small red or green bell peppers
1 pound extra lean ground beef/turkey
1 tsp olive oil
1 small onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 1/4 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup tomato paste
6 TBS low-fat cheese
Remove the stems from the peppers and scoop out the seeds. Boil the peppers for a few minutes and drain, let cool while preparing the filling. Preheat oven to 350.
Heat oil in skillet and saute the onion and ground beef/turkey until onion is tender and beef/turkey is browned.
Add the remaining ingredients, except cheese, and cook for 5 more minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Stuff peppers with meat mixture. Place peppers in a small casserole dish or large pie pan.
Sprinkle 1 TBS cheese over the top of each pepper.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Note: Each pepper packs 13g of carbs and 16g of protein. Eat the number of peppers according to your plan.
4 chicken breasts
2 egg whites
½ cup chopped almonds
2 tsp rosemary
¼ tsp salt
Mix the almonds, rosemary and salt together. Dip chicken in egg whites and coat with almond mixture. Bake chicken at 400. Serves 4.
Hi Everyone! Sorry that I haven’t blogged in awhile…..but I think that I have a good one today. Over the weekend, I really tried to think about what has led to my success in weight loss and I came up with my top 5 tips that I feel will also help you!
- DO NOT MAKE EXCUSES! Let’s be honest….we all have them: “The kids need me”, “I can’t get up that early in the morning”, “I don’t have time for breakfast”, “I typically have to dine out for lunch due to work”, “Money is tight”, “I am soooo busy”. YUP….those are all excuses my friends! If you really want to live a healthy life and feel good about yourself, you will find the time or you will find a way to shave a little money out of your budget to gain the reward of a healthy lifestyle. It’s the old saying: “If there is a will, there is a way.”
- WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING YOU EAT & DRINK! One of the biggest keys to my success is that I journal EVERYTHING! If I have day where I attend a birthday party and have a piece of cake & ice cream, I write it down! Please remember that it is as important to journal the “good days” as it is to journal the “bad days”. I find that I actually get more out of writing down what I ate on a “bad day” because then I can look back at that week and remember that it was the cake, the candy bar, & the 5 glasses of wine that made my weight loss total for that week a big 0. After looking back at a 0 pound weight loss for the week just because of a few glasses of wine and a piece of cake, this reminds me to clean up my diet and leads the way to a week of clean eating to make up for it!!
- EXERCISE YOUR BODY FREQUENTLY! It is not enough to think that you are going to work out for 30 minutes 3 times per week and lose weight. PERIOD….just kidding…I’ll keep typing…LOL!! It takes rigorous-sweaty exercise EVERY DAY to make sure that you are burning more calories than you are taking in. If you skip class to sleep in, skip class after work, go home, eat dinner, & sit on the couch to watch TV…..your results will show up on the scale. Be accountable for your results and make sure that you burn more calories EVERY DAY than what you take in. The Ellipse classes each week are designed to give you a total body work-out, so by skipping a class, you are cheating a part of your body…..don’t skip!
- WATCH ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION! Is it OK to have a glass of wine or a social drink with your friends and family once in awhile? Of course. However, you must control the amount of alcohol that you consume if you are trying to lose weight. Alcohol contains empty calories and is typically followed by binge eating if drank in excess…LOL! You know what I mean! Most cocktails or glasses of wine will have 150+ calories in one glass/drink! So….you if you have 2-3 glasses of wine, followed by a handful of pretzels at the bar…..you now have drank 400 calories in no time! Do that 3 times per week and you have nearly drank one whole days worth of calories just by drinking! And then you wonder why the scale isn’t changing….hmmm??? This goes back to writing it down….if you have a drink with dinner, you must write it down because it is calories!
- BALANCE YOUR DIET! We have all tried the “fad diets”…..you know the ones….count your points, eat cabbage soup, 11-day miracle diet, don’t eat carbs, blaa….blaa….blaa!!!! OK, really? Are you going to eat cabbage soup for the rest of your life? Are you never going to touch a piece of bread or cracker for the rest of your life? Seriously….that is a fad….that is not something that you can stick with through life, nor is it nutritious for you. Treat your body kindly and balance your diet with carbohydrates, proteins, fresh vegetables, fruit, and a small amount of fat. If you feel that you cannot get this combination quite right and need help…. The Ellipse Weight Loss Program can help you!! I lost 60 pounds from May to September this year on the Ellipse Weight Loss Program! IT WORKS!
Please remember that it does take accountability to yourself in order to get the results that you are looking for. I remember back in January when I was 237 pounds, losing 2 pounds per week seemed minimal. However, I kept telling myself that those 2 pounds per week were leading to bigger results in the meantime. Now down 105 pounds, my Doctor told me the other day that I probably added 15 years to my life! WOW….those 2-3 pounds per week sure did make a difference! You didn’t put the weight on overnight and it isn’t going to fall off overnight…..you must WORK hard to gain control of your life and make the changes and sacrifices necessary to achieve your goals! Lisa and Shana didn’t sprinkle magic Ellipse dust on me, but they did give me the tools necessary to help me achieve my goals! A total body work-out every week and a nutritious diet plan that I can live with for the rest of my life.
You can do it! This is your chance!! Think about YOURSELF this week and take every opportunity to follow my 5 steps above!!! Make it your best week ever!!!
Let’s review: No Excuses, Journal Your Food, Exercise Every Day, Control Alcohol Consumption, & Eat a Nutritious Balanced Diet!
Have an awesome week!
1 lb. pork tenderloin, trimmed
1 1/2 TBS roasted garlic teriyaki sauce
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp ground ginger
6 oz. pineapple juice
non-stick cooking spray
Cut tenderloin into half-inch-thick slices. Flatten slices with the palm of your hand. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add pork and cook three minutes on each side or until browned. Combine teriyaki sauce and remaining ingredients in a small bowl and add to pork in skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for three minutes.
Makes two servings. Add steamed veggies and a small roll for a complete meal!